Super Glue Stain on Work Top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There.
I spilt a bottle of Super Glue on my Jet Black laminate worktop. I Immediatley cleaned it up with Kitchen towel and with a product I have called Stiffy stuff remover. But it has left a white stain which is quite big. Have tried just hot soapy water, then metholated spirirts, then GOFF OFF which is an American product I bought back from the states, that has actually made the stain more white and stand out even more.
I'm totally pulling my hair out. Only had the kitchen fitted a while ago at great exspense after waiting 20 years for a new. Now I have ruined the worktop.

Any ideas guys???????

Have read an old post about this with a link, which doesn't seem to point to a particular product.

Thanks Julea

Sponsored Links
Unlikely you can remove stain as superglue contains acid and will have disolved the surface.

Hi There

Just to update you all.

I have removed the white stains.

Used a small bottle ( 20ml) of "Colourfil" solvent. Started with a dry white cloth but this was just moving the white makes around. Then, because solvent is so strong I figured it must be taking the white out of the cloth. so tried again withplain white kitchen towel and it worked a treat.

Thanks again for quick help.

Hope this helps someone else. I Think this product is available from B & Q , you buy the tubes of coloured paste to fill in gaps when joining worktops together and this solvent is probably then used to remove any excess.

Thanks Julea
My builder friend gave me the bottle didn't ask where he got it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back