Superglue and an Acrylic Bathtub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

Thanks for all the advice that everyone has given over the past 6mths. The bathroom looks like a million dollars, and we were spoilt within 3days of putting in the CH!! :D

K, now for my Q.

We put up a shower shelf on the tiled walls to put our shampoos etc, using superglue. Except some of it spilt on fell onto the bathtub itself. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove it, pick away at it, or should i just let it be as might cause damage to the bath lining?

Thanks for any advice :)

Marie

PS I am not certain where to post this, so move it if necessary.

Sponsored Links
Hi, usually an acetone based cleaner will remove dried superglue, alot of nail polish removers are based around this.

It will not simply wipe off but with a bit of persistence it will start to remove it without any adverse effects on the bath itself.

Next time you want to stick anything, try & use silicone.
Its brilliant, the only issue is holding it in place while it cures.

word of warning if the supeglue gets constantly wet it can fail :cry:

Sponsored Links
try cyano debonder, thats what its made for :D

Hi everyone

Thanks for the replies. I will try and find some acetone based cleaner - any brand suggestions?

Murphy was hanging around, as the shelf fell down last night :!:

So would you suggest I use silicone on the suckers, or should I try with something else?

Marie :D

PS Bigall - the shelf is at the opposite end of the bathtub (1800) to the shower, so it should only be getting splashed occasionally.

PS Bigall - the shelf is at the opposite end of the bathtub (1800) to the shower, so it should only be getting splashed occasionally.

:D should be ok as long as you dont have continuouse condensation running down the walls

Silicone, it holds my shampoo, soap dispenser, corner unit & they all take a daily battering, been up for 3yrs.
Its about holding it in place whilst it cures. I used masking tape lots of it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back