Supplementary bonding in bathroom

Ye I guess I could just put it next to the CU downstairs. Its below the bathroom/ensuite. Might end up eventually replacing the consumer unit (its currently right down near the floor and the alarm is where I would expect the CU to be - this will be moved in due course when we do downstairs I just didnt want to start doing it now).

Feel like i've learnt something today!

Sponsored Links
It doesn't really matter where it is, relative to the bathroom, for fitting an RCD for a single circuit.

It's just a small amount of wiring at the CU to adjacent RCD enclosure.

The consumer unit is only RCD protected for socket rings.
Is that a separate RCD or is it actually in the CU?

Ye I guess I could just put it next to the CU downstairs.
It doesn't really matter where the CU is, or where it is relative to the bathroom. You would simply be intercepting the lighting circuit cable coming from the CU and inserting an RCD.

On the face of it, if you are going to install an RCD somewhere, it might just as well be (and would be at least as easy) to put it near the CU, protecting the whole lighting circuit, than putting it in the attic, protecting just the bathroom lighting.

Kind Regards, John
Edit: typed too slow again! Remarkably, EFLI and myself typed almost exactly the same words!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back