Supplementary Bonding...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just thinking, had our NICEIC inspection the other day and he picked up that there was no supplementary bonding in the bathroom, but all bathroom circuits were on 30mA RCD and we had continuity to all pipe work back to the main earth as all pipe work was copper. But, if that had been plastic pipes, with copper tails coming up through the floor (this doesnt require supplementary bonding according to the regs) then your not going to get the continuity to the main earth... to comply with 17th.

Or am I missing something? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Had you satisfied all the other requirements for omitting supplementary bonding?

If there is adequate placcy pipework then the rad won't be an extraneous conductive part (unless for some other reason).

Yea, the job which was inspected was fine, all circuits on RCD etc..

But if I went to another new job where all pipe work was plastic apart from the copper tails, I could put all the circuits on RCD 30mA to comply with 17th, but also according to the regs copper tails dont need to be supplementary bonded, yet there isnt going to be the continuity back to the main earth at the CU.. if you see where Im coming from.

Sponsored Links
If it is copper tails to placcy pipe, is the radiator extraneous?

I seem to remember reading an issue of wiring matters which said in this circumstance, the rad would not be extraneous.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back