supply method

any reason why you cant stick the swa in?
put it in the conduit you were gunna use for singles
that trunking will be big enough to get cleats on it aswell

secure said, rec wont let you run an infinate tail, so you would be best to stick a switchfuse in befor the run- also make a nice termination for the swa

ofcourse the above applies to micc aswell

failing the above, i can only think of one other possibility and thats busbar trunking
cost the earth though :eek:

Sponsored Links
some recs do let you run unlimited lengths of tail

if they won't then just stick a switchfuse in before your own cable run

having said that using cable without armouring for such high current connections over significant distances seems a bit worrying to me

run it on a cable tray and then have it boxed in with a removable lid.

Dry risers? dunno if you can run up them though?

David

Sponsored Links
Is a switched fuse necessary in this instance. The run is only 16ms or so?
What is achieved by placing a 100A fuse next to another 100A fuse?

I think its to provide a means of isolation, as theoritcally you cant isolate the 100A suppliers fuse.

Lectrician said:
supersparks said:
plugwash said:
some recs do let you run unlimited lengths of tail

name one??

WPD

Yea but Lec we've all been on the wrong end of their fancy installations.... still trying to figure out that TN-C-S(CNE) & TT combo down my way.... called the engineer back today and he was all embarassed for having said it'd be PME if under 0.35ohms. Promised he'll get someone out to go and cut back the ivy on the pole so we can see. Quote; "I'll have to admit we have done some interesting ones in the past.".Nice bloke..... but a bit freewheeling I think.

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back