supply method

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently working on a premises which is undergoing a change of use.
The supply authoritys incomer is located on the ground floor at the entrance. The office space is located on the top floor, up two flights of stairs. The new board is to be placed in the office with a suitable feed from downstairs, up to the CU. The run is approx. 15 metres.

My problem concerns the distribution method and cable selection for this part of the installation. The cable size is calculated at 25mm2. I have ruled out surface clipping SWA and was considering using 25mm2 singles enclosed in 50mm X 50mm pvc trunking. I also assume that the supply cable to the 2nd floor will need a means of isolation.

Any comments or advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
whats to stop some one "tapping in" if they are singles, you cant easily do that if it was swa

what about a pyro?

cheers breezer...

dont think that anyone can tap in. The stairwell is sealed and dedicated to this top floor. Was ruling out SWA for aesthetic reasons. Can you envisage any problems with the other suggested method?

Sponsored Links
id have to say pyro or swa
why cant you comprimise and stick swa in trunking?

if you do (singles espesh!) you have so support them if its a long vertical run

you can't run DI singles direct from the meter for longer than 2m ish (varies from REC to REC).

SWA is best option- you don't like it, but it too can be trunked.....

mackeral said:
cheers SS!

any other takers?
You can't run DI singles direct from the meter for longer than 2-3m or so (varies from DNO to DNO).

SWA is the best option- if you don't like the appearance you can put it in trunking.

i forgot to mention, singles that size would look they they are reigns on a horse, yee, haaah

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back