Support Beam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm having a garden room built - size is o 6.4 x 7.1 metres.

The roof is going to be made out of corrugated bitumen sheets, and a support beam is needed because we cannot get timber lengths to cover the length of the room.

I don't want or need to use a heavy RSJ or Universal beam, but have no idea what else I can use to support the timber for the roof/plasterboard.

Any ideas?

Thanks
L

Sponsored Links
Corrugated sheets will require a purlin roof arrangement. What type of roof are we talking? Will it be a single shallow pitch? Do you have planning approval?

A builders doing the job for us, all we know is it's bitumen corrugated sheet :D

So you don't get to decide how it looks, just how to make it happen?

That's the weirdest client / contractor relationship I've ever heard of. And costly too! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
He's right though, if you have a builder carrying out the work, surely he could tell you what materials he needs?

In most cases the tradesman would get the gear himself anyway, trade discounts ftw.

Central column in the centre of the room. Or contact a truss manufacturer.

Might get a paralam beam to span that kinda distance.. or a laminated one..
Trusses would make more sense tho..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back