Support window / How to to flashing joining house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm looking for ideas on how to join my extension roof to my house where there is no external wall.

I would like to remove the lump of wood under the upvc window and install something else there - Would some metal brackets work? Then I can insulate right up to the bottom of the window. How would the new flashing then be secured under the window?

On the right hand side of the window I will use shiplap cladding. Can I install some PIR insulation and fix battens to the wall through it into the internal wall? Or is there a better way?

What is the best way to join this to the extension roof to stop water ingress (its on a very sheltered side of the property)? Should I use wide dpc attached to the blockwork, folded over the extension tiles but under the lead? What should I install so I can fix the lead on the wall side? Does it need to fold towards the house wall (as it would into brick) or is it OK tucked up under the window sill and cladding?

Any thoughts gratefully received!

View attachment 226579 View attachment 226578

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Assuming single storey lean too.
Do you have plans drawn?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back