Supporting End Panels between appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

New posting on here but regularly use the forum to read up on answers.

I'm currently fitting my first kitchen - my house. At the end of a run of units I have two appliances, one integrated and one freestanding. I have end panels to act as support for the worktop in between the two appliances and at the end of the run (also another decorative for at the end of the cabinet before the appliances start).

I'm struggling to find information on "supporting end panels" and not just decorative with regards to flooring installation. The flooring we're having is vinyl/lino. Decorative obviously go in after the flooring, straight down to the top floor surface to give a nice neat finish. My question is what do I do when it comes to end panels that support the worktop? Should these go down to the sub floor (concrete & screed) and the viny/lino cut around it so that the EP give a solid support and if we ever wanted to change the flooring, we don't have to remove the EPs OR do we fit flooring first and then fit these supporting EPs through that floor into the sub floor which would however mean that there's now lino under the EPs which would cause problems when it came to changing the floor and also would be weight of everything push into the lino and potentially distort it?

I have the flooring person coming tomorrow and feel they're gonna say EPs afterwards to save them some work which is why I wanted to get them fixed in today ready for when they arrive so there's no decision.

If you could let me know ASAP, that'd be super helpful!

TIA

Sponsored Links
I'd fit the end panel so it's directly against the floor and have the lino cut to the edge of it.

You don't want the end panel supporting the bulk of the worktops weight, you want a batton along the wall taking the worktop weight and then the end panel just supports against it twisting down

Sponsored Links
Back