suprima 30 leaking temperature sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dad has a suprima 30 boiler in his kitchen and a boiler mate tank in the room above.

The boiler has developed a small leak from the temperature sensor pocket. To be more specific the water drops are coming out of the hole the sensor goes into. The hole has a bit of white temp conducting paste in it.

Does the temp sensor housing need replacing? washer underneath?

If it does the housing does not appear to screw on and just to be clear the water builds up inside the pocket/hole the sensor clips into.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
He needs a RGI to sort it because the case seal has to be compromised to effect a repair, and consequently needs to be tested after reassembly.

No DIYer should be opening the combuystion chamber the sensor is located inside.

As I recall the pocket is brazed into the pipe and so the whole pipe needs to be replaced.

The part is probably still available new or a used one would be available for about £10 from someone like me who has a used one in their stores.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice boys.

Never having done any brazing before and not competant to disturb combustion chamber will leave this one to the experts.

Cheers

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back