Suprima 50 pcb replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will attempt to replace my P C B at the weekend. Can any of you techi's out there tell me any usefull tips and anything to be careull not to do.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
1. Isolate everything first.

2. Have the manufacturer's installation and service documentation to hand.

3. Follow the manufacturer's installation instructions.

4. Don't rush.

5. Don't struggle.

ChrisRoberts said:
I think the new one is easier to replace. Just take all out and put new in. :LOL:

not really if its the new one you have to rewire the boiler

for a new comer it can be a bit of a git

But if you dont mind breaking the law listen to softus and you wont go far wrong

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
ChrisRoberts said:
I think the new one is easier to replace. Just take all out and put new in. :LOL:
not really if its the new one you have to rewire the boiler
for a new comer it can be a bit of a git
but if you dont mind breaking the law listen to softus and you wont go far wrong

What a load of rubbish -

Rewire the boiler ... the wiring attached to the pcb has to be changed because the pcb connectors have changed

It really is not difficult for anyone with a brain cell, corgiman is trying to scare you off

Corgiman - as for breaking the law, this is a blatant lie, plain and simple

of course, this is assuming that you are going to replace it with potterton's latest disaster rather than replacing like for like with a recon

raden said:
Bit strong there raden - for the sake of everyone who may not be privy to any previous exchanges between you and cm, could you explain why (a) you think he's lying, and (b) why it's not illegal?

raden said:
of course, this is assuming that you are going to replace it with potterton's latest disaster rather than replacing like for like with a recon
You seem to find it difficult to post without a snipe at CORGI, RGIs, Potterton, Agile, and probably countless other targets.

How about some straightforward technical advice for the OP?

Raden I have had enuff of abuse from Lor I really dont want to start another vendetta with you as I really have no problem with you or what you do, far from it.

as For my statement of breaking the law, the changing of the printed circuit board it is a contravention of gas safety (installation and use) regs as it does control the safety devices of the boiler. Its just a fact

also I do take issue that I am putting the OP off as I am not I said that he should follow softus advice and take his time, how is that putting him off??

And as for rewiring the boiler I am assuming that the OP is replacing the board with pottertons latest disaster.

You may not believe it Raden But I am in total agreement with you that the manufacturers are ripping people off with the prices they charge for their componants, I think its a scandal and am amazed that Governmental bodies are not looking seriously into it.

So to round up, I really have no problem with you suppling anyone with your recon'd stuff and As i have said before I wish your business all the luck in the world, I just happen not to agree with fitting them thats all, and as you have said that makes me stupid and a loser and I will be filing for bankruptcy shortly.

Why are you getting so annoyed with me?

Lets have a truce

what do you say :)

Softus said:
raden said:
Bit strong there raden - for the sake of everyone who may not be privy to any previous exchanges between you and cm, could you explain why (a) you think he's lying, and (b) why it's not illegal?

raden said:
You seem to find it difficult to post without a snipe at CORGI, RGIs, Potterton, Agile, and probably countless other targets.

How about some straightforward technical advice for the OP?

Thanks softus, to explain (from my persceptive only) this started cos I said that I would never fit recon parts as I dont agree that they are as good or as reliable as genuine parts.

I did not mean it to collapse into another Lor situation.

Raden I have had enuff of abuse from Lor I really dont want to start another vendetta with you as I really have no problem with you or what you do, far from it.

My problem with you is that you take an illogical stand for no rational reason

as For my statement of breaking the law, the changing of the printed circuit board it is a contravention of gas safety (installation and use) regs as it does control the safety devices of the boiler. Its just a fact

There are no current laws which prevent somone from replacing a circuit board in their own appliance (not for profit ... I have to add for completion)

I maintain contact with the relevant person in the HSEand know of no recent legislation which refutes this

You're a CORGI person, you persist in falling into the CORGI trap where the interface between DIY and professional work is deliberately blurred

As such, IMO - the info you gave was false ... a lie

also I do take issue that I am putting the OP off as I am not I said that he should follow softus advice and take his time, how is that putting him off??

And as for rewiring the boiler I am assuming that the OP is replacing the board with pottertons latest disaster.

You may not believe it Raden But I am in total agreement with you that the manufacturers are ripping people off with the prices they charge for their componants, I think its a scandal and am amazed that Governmental bodies are not looking seriously into it.

So to round up, I really have no problem with you suppling anyone with your recon'd stuff and As i have said before I wish your business all the luck in the world, I just happen not to agree with fitting them thats all, and as you have said that makes me stupid and a loser and I will be filing for bankruptcy shortly.

You have presented absolutely no rational reason for your stance

Why are you getting so annoyed with me?

... because I can't accept your irrational position, and ... I really do have issues with the way that the manufacturers and installers rip off the public

So - e.g. profile pcb doesn't work, whay grounds do you have for charging a customer potterton's rip off price when therer is a much better choice available

Lets have a truce

That's your call ...

You see, when I have to write a letter to the court for a customer who has been charged £210 for a baxi solo 1 pcb (pektron version - which hasn't been sold for three years, instead of the currently produced honeywell pcb), my conscience kicks in, and it really faqs me off that gullible people are being taken for a ride by members of your organisation. Who . other than the useless eejits on house of horrors etc is standing up against the rogues within CORGI?

I could be earning a lot more money in countries with far better climates, but I have ended up here and I now have a cause - I don't see why I should let any CORGI get away with ripping someone off, and IMO this applies to anyone who e.g. CORGIs who only presents the customer with a new pcb option

It's important for you to understand how strongly I hold this view - I would rather lose a sale if I think that they have misdiagnosed their problem. I can quote numerous occasions where I have told someone that they don't want e.g. a pcb from metheir problem lies elsewhere

The other thing that you have to understand is that I don't stand in awe of someone with CORGI badge, I start with the premise that you are a cowboi and I would say that chrisr , agile and others are on the ball, bit I don't see why I should let anyone off the hook who hasn't proved themselves

You (and softus) have to understand I hav no personal vendetta, i need you to understand that 1) you are not gods ad 2) you are paid by a customer to act ion their best interests
3) I have major problems with my kbd - I blame trsappist beer !

raden said:
There are no current laws which prevent somone from replacing a circuit board in their own appliance (not for profit ... I have to add for completion)
If you're going to be complete, you should state that a landlord cannot maintain a gas appliance if he/she lets the dwelling, even if he/she owns the appliance.

raden said:
I maintain contact with the relevant person in the HSEand know of no recent legislation which refutes this
Ignorance of the law is no defence :evil:

raden said:
You're a CORGI person, you persist in falling into the CORGI trap where the interface between DIY and professional work is deliberately blurred
Your claim that it's blurred is based on opinion, and a rather prejudiced one at that. I find it rather hypocritical that you accuse others of irrational thought, and then leap back upon your steed and head off on your anti-CORGI crusade.

raden said:
False information, if given in the belief that it is true, does not constitute a lie. You're just picking a fight.

raden said:
Is this your opinion, or the little voice inside your own head?

raden said:
I really do have issues with the way that the manufacturers and installers rip off the public
See a therapist and get over it :rolleyes:

raden said:
So - e.g. profile pcb doesn't work, whay grounds do you have for charging a customer potterton's rip off price when therer is a much better choice available
Why would anyone have to give you "grounds" for what they do as part of their business? It's fast getting to the point where you really ought to just f*ck off, taking with you your poisoned mission against groups of people, most of whom you've never met.

raden said:
corgiman said:
Lets have a truce
That's your call ...
...and, apparently, a call that you've rejected :rolleyes:

raden said:
Who . other than the useless eejits on house of horrors etc is standing up against the rogues within CORGI?
So that's it? The reason for your one-man-mission? You're the sole champion of consumer rights and the principles of fair trading?

raden said:
I could be earning a lot more money in countries with far better climates
Oh I really wish that's where you were.

raden said:
...but I have ended up here and I now have a cause - I don't see why I should let any CORGI get away with ripping someone off, and IMO this applies to anyone who e.g. CORGIs who only presents the customer with a new pcb option
As you say, merely your opinion, and an decreasingly credible one.

raden said:
You (and softus) have to understand I hav no personal vendetta
I don't "have" to understand anything you claim, it coming roughly from the direction of Mars.

raden said:
i need you to understand that 1) you are not gods ad 2) you are paid by a customer to act ion their best interests
Whether or not we are Gods is not a matter for your concern, nor is the nature of my contracts with my customers, including how much I charge and for what.

raden wrote:

If you're going to be complete, you should state that a landlord cannot maintain a gas appliance if he/she lets the dwelling, even if he/she owns the appliance.

DIGAF ?

raden wrote:

Ignorance of the law is no defence

Sorry, but the HSE are the respiosible body who make the law

raden wrote:

Your claim that it's blurred is based on opinion, and a rather prejudiced one at that. I find it rather hypocritical that you accuse others of irrational thought, and then leap back upon your steed and head off on your anti-CORGI crusade.

No, it's very simple - CORGI rules apply to CORGIs

thee is no tlegislation which prevents an individual from working on his / her own appliance

raden wrote:

False information, if given in the belief that it is true, does not constitute a lie. You're just picking a fight.

I can't deny that if someone postthat which is incorrect, I am there to leap down their throats

raden wrote:

Is this your opinion, or the little voice inside your own head?

present your rational reason ...

raden wrote:
I really do have issues with the way that the manufacturers and installers rip off the public

See a therapist and get over it

you really don't understand, do you?
Softus - why should I trust you,
This is a question you have to address, not me

raden wrote:

Why would anyone have to give you "grounds" for what they do as part of their business? It's fast getting to the point where you really ought to just f*ck off, taking with you your poisoned mission against groups of people, most of whom you've never met.

Softus - it's simple - i offer the same result for a 1/4 of the price
you cannot argue with that

It's y0our problem getting your head around that - it's fairly simple

raden wrote:
corgiman wrote:
Lets have a truce

That's your call ...

...and, apparently, a call that you've rejected

raden wrote:
Who . other than the useless eejits on house of horrors etc is standing up against the rogues within CORGI?

So that's it? The reason for your one-man-mission? You're the sole champion of consumer rights and the principles of fair trading?

Probably not, but that's your problem, not mine

raden wrote:
I could be earning a lot more money in countries with far better climates

Oh I really wish that's where you were.

I know, but meanwhile, I'm on your case

raden wrote:
...but I have ended up here and I now have a cause - I don't see why I should let any CORGI get away with ripping someone off, and IMO this applies to anyone who e.g. CORGIs who only presents the customer with a new pcb option

As you say, merely your opinion, and an decreasingly credible one.

You do have problems with life, the universe and everything - don'tyou

raden wrote:
You (and softus) have to understand I hav no personal vendetta

I don't "have" to understand anything you claim, it coming roughly from the direction of Mars.

raden wrote:
i need you to understand that 1) you are not gods ad 2) you are paid by a customer to act ion their best interests

Whether or not we are Gods is not a matter for your concern, nor is the nature of my contracts with my customers, including how much I charge and for what.

Raden said:
Softus - it's simple - i offer the same result for a 1/4 of the price . . . . you cannot argue with that

Not the same result, and very easy to argue.
Only new unaltered parts are approved by the manufacturer (and Corgi). If someone doesn't want to use unapproved parts that's perfectly legitimate. It's really pointless trying to say they're "wrong" for that.

That has pretty much summed up my original opinion chrisr thanks

any way am i a cowboy or a dinosaur?

;)

just pullin yer leg

raden said:
A monolithic lump of three layers of quoted postings and replies, riddled with new spelling mistakes, that I challenge anyone to have the patience to read and understand.
I have to congratulate you, on managing to post something that even an Olympic-class pedant cannot be a*rsed to read.

Either the forum quote feature has failed you, catastrophically, or you've painstakingly removed all of the quote delimiters to achieve about the least comprehensible post that the forum has ever seen.

Replacing the pcb with the new one complete with rewiring will be easier than reading your way through all the posts above.
I only said it was easier because those 4 little screws are a pain to undo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back