POTTERTON SUPRIMA 40 PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton Suprima 40, which keeps tripping out. I have British Gas Homecare, so have had them out 3 times now. They have:

Replaced PCB board

Boiler worked fine for a day or so then kept tripping out and showing red light just as about to ignight

They then came out and replaced gas valve. Worked for a couple of days then went back to tripping out - Red Light.

They then came out and the sheet said they had repaired the ignition???

This too worked for a day - now has begun to trip out again taking about 5/6 cycles to fire up - sometimes it doesnt fire up at all??

Any ideas would be usefull.....I think theyve nearly replaced every part!!!

Thanks

mick

:( :( [/b]

Sponsored Links
how are they trying to charge you more?

If the laptop does not tell the B.G man/woman how to repair your boiler they will not be able to solve the problem, :(

Sponsored Links
They are trying to say that it is a different problem so have asked for another £50 excess when Ive called to report the follow up problem...

Ive got someone coming out Fri, but based on comments looks like they wont have solution as laptop didn't identify the fault......

For cost of parts theyve replaced, surely it would have been less to give me new boiler?? I dont think they will as its over 5 yrs old.....

:( :(

They are trying to say that it is a different problem so have asked for another £50 excess when Ive called to report the follow up problem...

Ive got someone coming out Fri, but based on comments looks like they wont have solution as laptop didn't identify the fault......

For cost of parts theyve replaced, surely it would have been less to give me new boiler?? I dont think they will as its over 5 yrs old.....

:( :(

Just tell them it's the same problem....you won't be charged though you may need to explain to the office.

The laptop has a few diagnostics on a very limited number of boilers and a few hints and tips, but mostly is just scans of manufacturers instructions it certainly won't help to identify an intermediate ignition problem.

It won't be doing 5/6 ignition attempts it will do 5 then lock out, if it's doing it with the engineer present it will be a doddle of a diagnosis but from here I would guess at an electrode fault shorting the ignition spark to appear somewhere it's not supposed to.

You haven't got a cat in hells chance of them replacing the boiler they could do the same parts ten times over to even be close to a comparible value ;)

Cheers Olski for your advice - told office it was same problem and manager overuled the need to pay additional amount...

also you were correct it was igniting in the wrong place...

Cheers for your advice..!!!!

Mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back