suprima 50 wont ignite when cover is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
good evening, my suprima can not ignite (fan is spinning) when cover is fully closed, however it ignites when cover is taken off.

could you provide me some advise on what may be faulty ? thank you very much in advance.

Sponsored Links
You are the fault in removing the combustion door and allowing your boiler to fire you headcase.
Keep up that sort of behaviour and you may make the morning news :(

when HW demand is on, it is trying to to start up but it can not ignite , after a a few trys, it shut it down or lock out (red light flashing).

I don't seem to hear click and tick sound when it starts up though fan is running.

will be more careful. your input appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Not much more for me to do having thanked those above for pointing out the need to call an RGI.

what of sort things that I could anticipate from a COGI's visit?

sounds sensible. it is no doubt a professional job. I am more than happy to pay for the right engineer, but how can I tell if one CORGI engineer is better than the other?

your input appreciated.

I notice that flue pipe has become rusty and some of joints are breaking away. would this the cause of not-firing ?

Most definately!

It might need a new flue.

I keep spare ones for our clients!

Tony

it only takes 30 sec to find a qualified engineer on the gas safe web. all engineers have to take extensive essessments which costs alot of money & if you have a local engineer he/she will reley on local buisness and do a good job for you. sounds to me that you havent had iyour boiler maintained for many years. its a machine like any other and needs looking after. i bet you get your car serviced each year, & sometimes parts are required for that which are quite expensive. this will be the same with your boiler.

i know. may I ask what sort of rate do you charge to take a look at the problem ?

i am a bit out of touch with prise as i dont do much private work, only for friend & local work. but i think £50 would be resonable for a diagnosis if you were to find someone local. we all have to think about fuel of course

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back