Suprima 60 - Banging.....No control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right. I have a Potterton Suprima 60...Lucky me. On fire up its seems to run fine but it just keeps on running untill the water in the system boils and comes out the over flow. Obviously loads of banging as well as the air in the system expands. I have replaced the thermister and it worked for about a week. But now when ever it is switched on, either hot water or heating it just runs away.

Another PCB?........or something else???

Sponsored Links
With the temperature control on the boiler turned to a low setting does it still do it..Is it also one of the old boards (two L.C.D`s)green and red

stubbyrama said:
Right. I have a Potterton Suprima 60...Lucky me. On fire up its seems to run fine but it just keeps on running untill the water in the system boils and comes out the over flow. Obviously loads of banging as well as the air in the system expands. I have replaced the thermister and it worked for about a week. But now when ever it is switched on, either hot water or heating it just runs away.

Another PCB?........or something else???
have you checked the overheat stat ,pump,f & e tank

Sponsored Links
To gaz the potterton engineer where do you get heat sink from.All the merchants i ask have`nt got a clue what it is.

R.C said:
To gaz the potterton engineer where do you get heat sink from.All the merchants i ask have`nt got a clue what it is.

yes gaz do explain a bit better please :LOL: :LOL:

:eek: wot you know the white stuff you put on thermostats personally i have a part number which i order from our stores :confused:

cant believe you guys dont use it :confused: heat sink compound it be called :eek:

Whats the part number..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please

part number is only relevant to potterton engineers :LOL:

but try search on internet its made by Dow Corning and its called 340 heat sink compound :confused: ive brought it in past from HRPC before i worked for this lot :rolleyes:

R.C said:
With the temperature control on the boiler turned to a low setting does it still do it..Is it also one of the old boards (two L.C.D`s)green and red

Yeah it does not matter where the dial is on the boiler, it will do it in any setting.

yes it is an old board one green one red LED Pt # 407750

Is the new one different then?......(we digress)

jasonvaughan said:
most probably the pump, check its running.

Thanks for giving me this advise first of all.........appreciated.

Yeah took the middle cover off the pump and it is spinning when selected too. But is it supposed to leak from here?.........i wondered if it was or wasnt...cos a seal might have gone......

But it is running....smoothly too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back