Suprima 60 fault. PCB or pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Suprima 60 is locking out. I assume its the PCB as it seems to be a common occurance. However I have also heard loud banging from the CH pipes since the problem started happening.
Could the bangning be a result of the faulty PCB or something more serious like a pump fault? Thanks in advance for any advice you give.

Sponsored Links
Write all your assumptions on a sheet of paper, then screw it up and throw it in the bin.

Then check that there the pressure in the closed circuit is high enough.

Then check that the pump is running.

Since a pump is usually under £50 and a PCB is about £167, I would have thought a failed pump is the less serious!

Tony

Check pump spindle is free to rotate first.

If so check for 230V at pump wiring terminals.

If there is then pump fault.

If therer isn't check for 230V at pump live on boiler terminal.

If there isn't it points to a pcb fault as this controls the pump.

Sponsored Links
I have been having all the usual re the Suprima Range (Why was this ever installed???!!!!)
Whilst I have absolutely no proper training/knowledge, it seems a fair assessment from existing problems that the knocking may be due water overheating rather than pump problems. I have exactly the same problems, and can confirm that the pump appears fine. I have noted that many corgi qualified plumbers have reccomended pump overruns for this boiler. Any Comments?? :confused:

This boiler must have a pump over run !
Its a very small water content boiler so to stop the latent heat building up

open front panel right side undo the screw and draw the side panel towards you
On the wiring it tels you PUMP L N E SL make sure the pump has been wired to boiler ;)

P.S. turn power to boiler off first :oops:

On the wiring it tels you PUMP L N E SL make sure the pump has been wired to boiler ;)

Thanks for the in depth response. Will try this when it gets light. Cheers.

Since a pump is usually under £50 and a PCB is about £167, I would have thought a failed pump is the less serious!

Tony

Thanks for the tip on pump price. UNfortunately I can change the PCB myself but I'd have to get a Heating engineer for the pump wouldn't I? Thats where the cost lies. Or could I do that myself?

Cheers. Sean.

Check pump spindle is free to rotate first.

If so check for 230V at pump wiring terminals.

If there is then pump fault.

If therer isn't check for 230V at pump live on boiler terminal.

If there isn't it points to a pcb fault as this controls the pump.

Thanks for the advice. Is teh pump spindle accessible or is this something for a Heating engineer?

Cheers, Sean.

Write all your assumptions on a sheet of paper, then screw it up and throw it in the bin.

Then check that there the pressure in the closed circuit is high enough.

Then check that the pump is running.

Thnks for the frank advice. UNfortunately my abilities would probably not stretch to checking the pressure in the closed circuit unless its pretty easy. If it is as esy as swapping a PCB could you tell me how to do it?

Many thanks, Sean.

All of the above advice is suitable for you to correct yourself.

Only gas carrying parts are in the domain of a corgi engineer.

I have a little more info. Could you give me some more advice please?
The pump seems to be working because the upstairs radiators are working but the downstairs are cold. I have tried bleeding the radiators but can't fing any air. Still a pump over run? Thanks.

I have a little more info. Could you give me some more advice please?
The pump seems to be working because the upstairs radiators are working but the downstairs are cold. I have tried bleeding the radiators but can't fing any air. Still a pump over run, can't be the PCB if the water is heting in part of the house, could it? Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back