suspended ceiling - Part E regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well hello, new around here so be gentle, you lot are seem to be at each other like starving dogs.

Can anyone tell me when putting up a plasterboard ceiling below a beam and block first floor whether i can errect a wooden studding to take the boards or whether i should use a metal system? then do i have to insulate in order to make the Part E regs? If so what does one do to avoid spotlights contacting with the insulation above the plasterboard?

Sponsored Links
i alaways thought most people put studd work up first as for the fibre glass / lights, dont put any where the lights will be.

Couple of question,not sure if I'm reading the question right,

Are you talking about suspended ceiling type or are you trying to lower the ceiling ?

And how big is the room ?

Sponsored Links
It all depends on wether it is a domestic/comercial dwelling.Try contacting your local planning office.
You could use both systems wood/steel.My preference is steel, being faster and cheaper.
A block and beam ceiling shouldnt require insulation, but would add extra sound barrier, as for the down lighters use a quality transformer.If using insulation dont insulate over any downlighters just to be on the safe side.
Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back