Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can some one please tell me how to use
Suspension Hooks for Fluorescent Fittings

thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure I fully understand?

Fit them to your fitting with a 20mm locknut or lockring, or use the sheaper monkey-puzzle type.

Hang your fitting with jack-chain or gripples.

It depends what you want. With one job I wanted to be able to repair a florescent fitting without turning off all the other lights so I used these
LDMC11A.JPG
plus a standard suspension hook jack chain and standard hook the other end. It meant I could unplug and take to workshop to repair and use a spare while being repaired so production did not stop.

In other areas I used three phase lighting track again with plug and socket. I had to fight with owner to get him to agree to lighting track. Two guys did whole of warehouse type building in a weekend with lighting track it would have taken a week or more with conduit to do the same so although track cost more than conduit the labour saving made it cheaper.

Years ago you could buy florescent fittings with a BA22d connector and they just hung off the ceiling rose but today I have failed to find any florescent fitting not requiring an earth except for things like 2D so since BA22d has no earth these simple ones have gone.

Years ago you could buy florescent fittings with a BA22d connector and they just hung off the ceiling rose but today I have failed to find any florescent fitting not requiring an earth except for things like 2D so since BA22d has no earth these simple ones have gone.

Still available from B&Q for £20.

Ideal if you have a 1960s kitchen and want to update it to the new fashionable 1970s look.

Sponsored Links
[
Still available from B&Q for £20.
Though I notice it's listed as "not available to buy oneline" and when I put my postcode in all the local stores listed it as either "low stock" or "no stock"

The B&Q stock checker is shocking.

It said low stock for garden gates. They had a dozen.
It said low stock for my wife's glue gun sticks. They had literally hundreds.

Could be worse.

It could say they have stock and you fetch up at the store to find they have none.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back