SWA min separation distance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I'm running 25mm2 swa for a garage supply at c150m away from the main CU as advised by my sparky who is now on holiday, but I also need to run a 2.5mm2 swa socket circuit back from the garage CU c40m for an outdoor power socket. The smaller swa will be in the same trench as the supply swa.

Do I need to have a minimum separation distance between the 2 swa cables at all for interference of any kind. I'm thinking not, but with my sparky away, I wondered if anyone could confirm please else they'll go in the same conduit tomorrow.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If laid in a trench try to ensure there is separation to work on one cable or the other to repair and fit a joint for a possible fault in the future

Sponsored Links
Separate adjacent conduit it is then

If they are in duct working separation is not required as in the event of a fault thre whole length could be replaced without any intermediate joint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back