Switch advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can someone please advise this single mother :oops: on what switches I need to buy.

Downstairs in my hall I have a switch with 2 switches on, the left switch controls my downstairs hall light and the right 1 controls my upstairs landing light.

Could you please help me as I do not want to purchase the wrong fitting.
I think I may need a 2g 2w switch but as I say I dont want to get the wrong one.

Many thanks,

PS While Im on the subject, what one would I need for the upstairs landing, that is a single switch and only controls the upstairs light. Your advice would be very very much appreciated, many thanks.

Wigfam :oops:

Sponsored Links
Your right about the downstairs one, 2 gang 2 way required, as the one upstairs only switches the landing (which is also switched from downstairs) a 1 gang 2 way switch is required.
Just make sure you pay attention to where the wires are when changing them over as the 2 way switching can me the most difficult to sort out if you get a wire wrong.

colport27 said:
Your right about the downstairs one, 2 gang 2 way required, as the one upstairs only switches the landing (which is also switched from downstairs) a 1 gang 2 way switch is required.
Just make sure you pay attention to where the wires are when changing them over as the 2 way switching can me the most difficult to sort out if you get a wire wrong.

Many many thanks, I will let you know if I succeed , thnx

Sponsored Links
wigfam said:
Many many thanks, I will let you know if I succeed , thnx
PLEASE PLEASE note what goes where (draw a diagram!) before you change them over!!!! Many posts are made on this forum because people dont do this and dont understand how lighting circuits work to put it back together again!

Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back