Switch Max Current

When one is reliant on electronics (and electricity) for functionality (e.g. hotel room door locks, car door locks stc.), one hopes that there is some manual 'bypass' option available, 'just in case'.
I believe the OP already has that but it is too cumbersome.

Like getting off the couch when the remote IR fails.

Sponsored Links
Not really. Like getting off the couch, grabbing a screwdriver, unscrewing two screws (potentially in the dark), unpacking the back box, flicking a switch, reversing...

I believe the OP already has that but it is too cumbersome. Like getting off the couch when the remote IR fails.
From what I understand, it would be like having to get off the couch and find one's toolbox (at least, a screwdriver) if the TV's remote IR fails. I suppose perceptions of 'cumbersome' (or 'inconvenient') will vary.

Kind Regards, John

In such a situation it would seem obvious to me that a screwdriver would be kept on a hook beside the switch.

Sponsored Links
In such a situation it would seem obvious to me that a screwdriver would be kept on a hook beside the switch.
You and I might (give or take the aesthetics) think like that, but there are millions of people out there who would not be happy taking a screwdriver to 'anything electrical' (albeit a different generation, until her dying day, my grandmother would not touch a light switch, let alone a TV or anything like that - and her daughter {my mother} wasn't a lot better!).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back