switched live wire bathroom fan fcu

It’s virtually impossible to tell what’s going on from that picture alone. Where do the blue, red and yellow (sleeved red) wires come from? That doesn’t look like a fan isolator either. More information needed, and most definitely should be getting the electrician back, if he is one!

Sponsored Links
As said, you need to help us more. As it seems you don't mean 'fuse box' when you use that expression, can we assume you refer to the accessory in your photo. What does that look like from the front? I assume there is some history with the 'electrician' or you would have had him back straightaway?

kL9eFztKKJG6LFdY8
I have worked out why the new bathroom fan isn't working because the electrician didn't connect the switched live cable in the fuse box - its the yellow cable with the red sleeve.
Ok.

i need some advice please - what connector do i insert the switched live cable on the fuse box?
'Fuse Box' is the name of an old fashioned Consumer Unit with fuses in it instead of Circuit Breakers.

i assume its the 'out' connector with the red cable from the lamp switch?
The accessory in the picture looks like a Fused Connector Unit but it appears to be part of a double accessory (there are no double FCUs) so I do not know what it is.
Also your original picture has now disappeared and I can see only my copy which I might have cut short.

Yes, the terminal marked L OUT would be the switched live, BUT what looks like the supply cable is in this terminal and the Red from one of the the Red/Yellow/Blue cables is in L IN.

What the other Red in the second R/Y/B in the terminal block with the Yellow does is impossible to tell from here.

'Electrician' back is the only option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back