Switched wall lights.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all help desperatley needed.

Im not very clued up on electircs and have just had my living room rewired, it is wired up for four wall lights and a celing light which turn on through the use of a single switch. I want to purchase wall lights that are switched (each with their own individual pull cord) not to because I want to turn them on individually but because they are the style that i want, do you wire these up the same as you would a standard wall light.

Many thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Yes.
All you then do is have the pull switch in the on position all the time. Them the wall and ceiling lights will all come on at the same time.

Mind you, I would have had the ceiling and wall lights on separate switches.

Thanks for the reply, just out of curiosity what would happen if I left the pull cords in the off position? With regards to having them on 2 different switches I know but I suppose you live and learn!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, just out of curiosity what would happen if I left the pull cords in the off position?

They just wont come on.

The pullcords can turn the lights off and on still when the wall light is ON

But the pullcord will not turn the lights on when wallswitch is OFF

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back