Switching sound from consumer unit

Did try finding new breakers and found they were old style. If I need to change them I'll just get the whole box done. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Looking at a 1994 Mk catalogue there was an option to buy that board with just a Rcd main switch
They just put a solid link across the 2 neutral bars

Arc lights - sadly not as ambitions LOL! The previous owner was enthusiastic with descriptions.
And no doubt he knew exactly which were the old sockets/new sockets and old lights/new lights....

It's just tubes up there but I'm getting ideas now!
Make sure you apply a lot of insulation directly under the tiles. Being clear of snow in the winter can be a bit of a give-away

v2-Cannabis-snow.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Them breakers are now obsolete so unlikely to get new ones. sometimes they make a noise when on the verge of tripping, though If its happened several times i am sure it would have tripped at least once by now

Is it just me or is the CU configured wrong, its a split load board with a single Rcd main switch
Those boards did come as a straight board with the two neutrals linked by the U copper link. Split load was available.

The MCBs were rebranded Merlin. The new Merlins (Schneider) will fit happily, although I hate mixing brands, even if rebranded.

It wasn't that long ago we were altering the main switch versions of those boards to split load with the MK conversion kits. I used to hate having to do that...

A heavy switch on surge from an appliance can cause the magnetic part of an MCB to rattle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back