MK MCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a new CU today, went with MK (usually do for 'posher' houses).

Everything tested fine, everything powered on OK.

Noticed a buzzing from the 32amp MCB on the cooker circuit and then the MCB tripped. Had a look at the cooker point and it turned out that cooker switch was off, but the chap had plugged the kettle in to boil as soon as he saw power come on. (socket on the cooker point).

Tried it again and as soon as you put load on the MCB it buzzed and very soon tripped.

Swapped the MCB for the one on the sockets and the fault moved with the MCB.

I have never had a dodgy MK MCB before - I was quite surprised. It is almost as if it is a B6 badged as a B32!

Sponsored Links
You mean when you moved the cooker cct to another 32A MCB it still tripped??

I stopped using MK about a year ago, since they changed the circuit breakers to generation 3. They are just like all the rest of the tat coming from the far east. I see they've even changed the design of the CU which now looks hideous.

You mean when you moved the cooker cct to another 32A MCB it still tripped??

No, I swapped the cooker MCB for the sockets MCB and this proved the MCB to be faulty. The fault moved with the MCB to the socket circuit.

Sponsored Links
I stopped using MK about a year ago, since they changed the circuit breakers to generation 3. They are just like all the rest of the tat coming from the far east. I see they've even changed the design of the CU which now looks hideous.

I like the clean white enclosure to be honest, one of the reasons we heavily used MEM until the 17th. I am not a fan of of transparent covers on CU's. Fine if they are in a cupboard I guess, but not ideal in a hall, kitchen etc.

I like the clean white enclosure to be honest, one of the reasons we heavily used MEM until the 17th. I am not a fan of of transparent covers on CU's. Fine if they are in a cupboard I guess, but not ideal in a hall, kitchen etc.

Hager might be worth a look if wholesalers down your way keep it on the shelf?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back