switchmaster blue valve thingy

Right....

Hubby got a replacement valve yesterday, spent most of the evening putting it in... pipework was no problem, got that done ok.

Electrics were another matter..... 6 wires (sorry, didnt realise till he removed the old one that there were 6 not 3) in the old one, 5 (I think) in the new one. He cant get the wiring right.

We've got the heating working but still no hot water :(

He's had several goes, will be having another go shortly... any tips/advice I can pass on??

Also for some odd reason our radiators seem hotter than usual and the boiler is quieter :eek:

Cheers
hi, i just changed 1, today. red is switched live/output to boiler and pump..orange hot water on(from cylinder stat)..yellow is heating on (from room stat).white can be permanent live but i wired it to the satisfied terminal of the cylinder stat and also run a wire from the water off terminal of the programmer to this same terminal. that way wether the cylinder stat goes off or water is off on the programmer there is a live feed for heating..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back