Switchmaster midi valve actuator VA1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a Switchmaster midi valve actuator (VA1)? I know these have been obsolete for a few years now, so its probably a long shot, but will save me having to replace the valve body and pipework if anyone has one that they can spare for a reasonable price.

Alternatively, does anyone know if there's another actuator that will fit onto the old switchmaster valve body?

Help would be most appreciated!

Sponsored Links
A s/h one just sold on ebay for about £48. I've got some new and s/h ones but no, I don't know where you'll get one for a reasonable price. :evil:

They are junk, why not just take the plunge and stick a decent 3 port on?, the rewire is usually pretty straight forward.

Thanks for the information, £48 is a lot for a second hand one, but given the work it would save me it would probably be worth it. Would you consider putting one on ebay for a similar price? ( I don't know whether you can sell/buy stuff directly via this forum?).

Sponsored Links
ollski, you are probably right about them being junk, its just I dont have a spare day to mess about with the pipework at the moment, so was kind of hoping to find a replacement actuator to just push on an wire up like for like.

i find these valves on a daily basis.some have leaked/seized some have burnt out motors.
i use to swap the good ones over but found it a very temporary repair as they are really on borrowed time.
so when you get a chance fit a honeywell 3 port y plan valve.
wired like this.
sm=====honeywell
earth===earth
neutral===meutral
yellow===white
white===grey
red, join to orange===orange

stick a honeywell and re-wire to suit.

Easy done.

Oh someone already posted.

Do it well...Do it honeywell

Update: The old blue box has miraculously found a new lease of life and is working correctly again!

As a note to anyone looking for one in the future, the PartCenter web site will let you order (and pay for) a reconditioned unit, only to tell you a week later that they can't get one!

I will probably consider replacing the whole valve next time it packs up, is there much difference in quality/reliability between the various 3 port valves available? several people have suggested honeywell, are these superior, or just most common?

honeywell are the best and also they can generally be repaired without having to replace the complete unit although you will need to get the nuts and olives off the pipes. A drayton will use the existing ones and you could bung the system and do the job in 30 mins.

As it was said..do it well...do it honeywell.

Easy to repair.
Removable heads.
The reason plumbers use honeywell is because they are reliable, and easy to fix.

David

I ALSO NEED TO CHANGE MY SWITCHMASTER VALVE.

YOU HAVE SUGGESTED THE HONEYWELL 3 PORT Y PLAN VALVE, IS THIS THE SAME AS THE 3 PORT MOTORISED VALVE, PART No V4073A.
THANKS
JOHN.

yes thats the one , switchmaster has 6 wires , honeywell 5 wires , wire it up as posted above . cut the s/m cable and join h/w cable together with a 20amp junction box for the easiest , saves disturbing the main box

A s/h one just sold on ebay for about £48. I've got some new and s/h ones but no, I don't know where you'll get one for a reasonable price. :evil:
hi im after after a valve body vb1 3port for the switchmaster midi valve acutuator va1 to fit on to do you know where i can get one from or can you sell me one

many thanks mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back