Symbols in posts

1652999109746.png

We seem to have reverted to the fairly distant 'bad old days' in as much as one doesn't now appear to be able to paste an image into a post. Is that always going to be the case?

Kind Regards, John

I’ve just tried it and it works, but it doesn’t always copy, not sure if that’s iPad related or not.

Sponsored Links
I’ve just tried it and it works, but it doesn’t always copy, not sure if that’s iPad related or not.

I'd previous tryied several times and it didn't work, but now it does work (albeit at the second time of trying) - that's on a Windows laptop, so the "doesn't always" does not seem specific to iPads. Hopefully it will be tamed, so as to become consistent/reliable, since alternative ways of getting images into posts are so relatively tedious that I probably wouldn't bother very often.

Kind Regards, John

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
We seem to have reverted to the fairly distant 'bad old days' in as much as one doesn't now appear to be able to paste an image into a post. Is that always going to be the case?
It should be working. It has worked for me thus far. If you spot a pattern of when it doesn't work, please let me know and I'll look into it further.

It should be working. It has worked for me thus far. If you spot a pattern of when it doesn't work, please let me know and I'll look into it further.
Thanks. It seems to be working at the moment, so hopefully that will remain the case. I'll let you know if anything changes.

In relation to other minor issues (for me!) do I take it that it would not be possible to move the 'underline' and 'symbols' thingies (both of which I use frequently) up into the main bar, rather than being in the 'More options' dropdowns?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Thanks. It seems to be working at the moment, so hopefully that will remain the case. I'll let you know if anything changes.

In relation to other minor issues (for me!) do I take it that it would not be possible to move the 'underline' and 'symbols' thingies (both of which I use frequently) up into the main bar, rather than being in the 'More options' dropdowns?

Kind Regards, John
I've moved the underline button over a space or 2, but that's about as close as it can get.

Quick update on your earlier pasting woes, it may have been that the image was too big and that's why it didn't work.

During the update the max. upload size was set too low. This value has been restored so hopefully you won't see a repeat of that issue.

I've moved the underline button over a space or 2, but that's about as close as it can get.
Fair enough, but it was the fact that it is in the 'drop-down list', rather than 'instantly available', that I find a little inconvenient - but it sweems that I'll have to live with that.
Quick update on your earlier pasting woes, it may have been that the image was too big and that's why it didn't work. During the update the max. upload size was set too low. This value has been restored so hopefully you won't see a repeat of that issue.
I thought of that, since I've had that problem in the past, so tried with some very small images - but that didn't help. It had an active (i.e. not 'greyed out') 'Paste' option for me to click on, but when I did, nothing happened. Anyway, it still seems to be working now, so hopefully that will remain the case.

Thanks for your assistance and efforts!

Kind Regards, John

Quick update on your earlier pasting woes ....
Another little 'woe'. The "Mark forums Read" facility no longer seems to offer an opportunity to apply it to just one forum. That doesn't particularly worry me but what is a little annoying is that when one invokes that function, in takes one back to the "Forums" page, and if then one returns to a particular Forum (e.g. Electrics UK) one has to refresh that page before the posts all show as 'read'!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Back