Combi madness...don't laugh.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,
I've recently moved into a new house (rented) and am having a lot of trouble with the Ariston Eurocombi. There are no instructions to be found. I've used combis many times and found them pretty obvious to use. This one is practically taunting me. I've been on the Grasslin site (timer manufacturer) and can set the timer for evenings. It may or not come on. To turn it on manually means trying variations of the buttons. I've narrowed it down to 3 combinations that may or may not work on any given day.
There is a dial that turns from hot water (tap symbol) to hot water and radiator (tap and radiator symbol) to WTF? Two symbols that look like a silhouette of a house(?) with a ladder next to it.
If anyone is the proud owner of this eccentric kit; please tell me how the hell I can just turn it on.
Thanks in advance.

p.s. If somebody replies that I'm an idiot, I don't care. Just want want hot water for a bath and a bit of heating. Me and the missus have to generate our own heat.

Sponsored Links
Two symbols that look like a silhouette of a house(?) with a ladder next to it.

p.s. If somebody replies that I'm an idiot, I don't care. Just want want hot water for a bath and a bit of heating. Me and the missus have to generate our own heat.

I would have thought that would have been obvious? Even to tenants!

Its to give luke warm water when you want to use a ladder (!) to clean the windows!

Tony

Cheers Tony,
I'm laughing when I should be getting the hump. I didn't expect many replies OR random comedians. I saw a reply and you got my hopes up. You should go and think about what you've done...tut tut. We're gonna go out on the excuse that it's too cold, so it's not all bad!

Sponsored Links
Thanks slugbabydotcom,
I refined my search and have the manual. Previous forum searches advised that Ariston don't do manuals online. Looks like a pressure problem and , hopefully, easy enough to address myself. I'm on just over half a bar when I should be above one bar.
Funnily enough, the symbol with the house and ladder refers to a flue check. The manual then clearly states that only CORGI engineers/plumbers should perform the check. Why on earth put the buttons in plain view of us mortals then?
Hopefully, I'll be having a nice bath later.
Thanks again.

The manual then clearly states that only CORGI engineers/plumbers should perform the check. Why on earth put the buttons in plain view of us mortals then?

Thanks again.

Thats because it enables you to call a suitable CORGI.

Even CORGIs are mortals though! In fact we are much like anyone else, its just that we have to study boilers and be tested on gas safety every few years and pay EVERY year to stay on the CORGI register and have them come to inspect us every now and then.

Tony

Slimkid, forgive me for asking but, if you are in a rented property why not contact the landlord/letting agency?

(I'm sure I'm going to regret asking that question :rolleyes: )

Giblets,
I contacted the agents last week and am still waiting for action. To be fair to the agents, they have their own problems to deal with too. One was having a crisis about the cost of replacing the lo-pro tyres on his 'privacy glass' Range Rover. You'd need a heart of stone not to empathise. For all the criticism they get, people seem to forget how hard their lives can get. The other one's Audi A6 had just got a 'trolley knock' at Tesco. It's a real shame and I've lost a little sleep.

I enjoy sorting out problems on my own wherever possible.

Tony,
I was poking fun at Ariston for putting a button on the boiler that we're not allowed to use. Put your little violin away! I know you fellas do a good job and get paid for it. A mate's a plumber but he's away till next week. If it's not sorted by then, he'll be charging me four stella. His standard rate to mates (when he's not busy!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back