Synchron Motor Change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester diverter valve is bust and having read the previous posts am going to try and change the synchron motor (anything to save some cash!!!) also none of the companies I have called will do it for less than £150.

Couple of questions

1. How do I check that it is the motor and not the whole unit? (I can put the valve in the mid position using the switch underneath if that helps)

2. How hard is it to change? do I need to drain anything etc.

3. Also forgot to ask, how do I make sure that I am ordering the right motor?

Sponsored Links
Is it a worcester oil boiler?

Switch off the power so the valve resets, then you could select heating, and see if the valve moves,. If it doesn't, wait 1/2 hour and take the top off the valve and see itf the motor is hot. If it's cold, its the motor. Any of the synchron motors will fit. You don't need to drain anything.

Thanks Oilman, have manged to take it to bits and the motor is stone cold so have ordered a new one and am awaiting it's delivery. Fingers crossed for a heated New Year :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back