System boiler and cylinder cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I feel someone is trying to have my pants down.
5 and a half grand for an Ideal Vogue plus cylinder and old combi removed!

Sponsored Links
I feel someone is trying to have my pants down.
5 and a half grand for an Ideal Vogue plus cylinder and old combi removed!

What basis do you have to say they are fleecing you?

Do you expect that post to be anywhere near enough information to give an opinion? Or is this going to be one of those threads where you are going to be pished off unless you get told what you WANT to hear?

While I can't see what is fully needed in terms of pipe adjustments and stuff I would expect to pay no more than 3k.

Sponsored Links
What basis do you have to say they are fleecing you?

Do you expect that post to be anywhere near enough information to give an opinion? Or is this going to be one of those threads where you are going to be pished off unless you get told what you WANT to hear?

Thank you for your replies.
Ok so maybe I ought to elaborate.

I have a combi boiler in the airing cupboard on the landing, which is adjacent to the bathroom.
I want to move the boiler out and extend the bathroom into the cupboard area thus creating a shower area.
I would like to replace the boiler rather than move the existing one.
Having extended the house and created an en suite bathroom & utility area, I am considering a system boiler rather than a combi.
I would like the boiler and cylinder to be situated in the loft directly above the airing cupboard.
So, to remove existing boiler and fit the new system boiler and cylinder in the loft above, I have been quoted £5600.
My sister had a new combi boiler fitted to a new extension and had the old back boiler and a gas fire removed from her chimney for £2600.
A colleague at work had a very similar job to mine done for £3000
So this makes £5600 seem pretty steep to me.
I would just like to get a feel for what the going rates are in order to make an informed decision.

Thanks.

Btw, this price does not include controls wiring. He wants to get a sparky in for that.

Oh and I'm providing the controls in the form of Honeywell evohome along with ufh to be added later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back