System with twin entry valves.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, this might sound stupid, and I cant see why not, but here goes.

I want to remove a twin entry valve from a radiator, and I will be replacing with the trv on one end, and a lockshield the other.

Is there any reason why i cant just bung this setup, get my drain kit and drain the radiator down as normal? Might take a while to drain the rad, but this would be much more preferable than draining the whole system (8mm microbore everywhere, and i dont want to create blockages if possible)

Sponsored Links
No drain
down as you will have to remake pipe to locksheild valve

YUp, but surely if i bung it, that should be fine. To me, i cant see the difference between bunging a normal 15mm trv and totally removing it to replace, as removing a twin entry valve to replace, albeit extend. Some people say you cant as you will then have two open pipes but thats the same for whn i bung a system to replace a pump body!

Sponsored Links
Some people say you cant as you will then have two open pipes but thats the same for whn i bung a system to replace a pump body!

you can change 3 ports on a bunged system.
i only ever bung to change a rad and two valves at the same time.
never been an issue.

Keep a pair of pliers handy.
If it starts pi44ing out you can nip the pipes up. :LOL:

so it is doable!!!!

Just means i need to sit at the rad for a while a drain it in a controlled manner!!!! Will make sure i have my sandwiches.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back