'T' reg Punto - Where do I look first!?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
My daughter has had a 'T' reg Punto now for a few years and hasn't had any trouble with it at all until late last week.

Basically the heater doesn't appear to be working. Her commute to college is approx 7 miles and she said that normally by approx the 2 mile mark the car is starting to warm up nicely, but now it isn't. The fan just continues to blow cold/cool air all the to and from college. I took it for a 10 mile drive last night and can confirm that this is the case.

I'm no mechanic etc but tend to be happy looking for things once given a wee bit of guidence so your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the water level, if thats OK check the temperature of the top hose, if its cold, then change the thermostat, if it's hot bleed the heater.

Could be several things had a similar problem with an old beamer turned out to be the water pump. Is the car getting up to temperature ok may be thermostat stuck open.

Alan

Hi guys,

thanks for your help. Here is what I've done so far:

Drained the radiator and blasted a jetwash the wrong way round and blasted a load of rubbish out.
I then refilled the system up and and now the heating is working a treat.

However, (there's always one isn't there!?!) the car, if standing will start to over heat. Any clues?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

thanks for your help. Here is what I've done so far:

Drained the radiator and blasted a jetwash the wrong way round and blasted a load of rubbish out.
I then refilled the system up and and now the heating is working a treat.

However, (there's always one isn't there!?!) the car, if standing will start to over heat. Any clues?

Thanks

Try blasting it the other way, apart from what stavino said.

careful with that jetwash

If it is an airlock, when re-filling make sure you locate and open all anti airlock valves along the pipe runs...small little screw in round plugs moulded into hoses with a slot in the top.

Fill to level of first then close, fill to second then close and carry on until full....assuming the Punto has them...

make sure all wires are connected up

temperature sending unit is sensitive and you may have damaged it so fan doesnt know to cut in

Sponsored Links
Back