T shaped stairs and landing to carpet - waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Getting a professional fitter to do this but buying the carpet myself. It's a T shaped area. Landing upstairs at the top of the T is gonna have to be 4 metre width. The steps are the vertical bit of the T, much narrower (1 metre). Carpet available in both widths. If I get a piece 4m wide and leave enough overlap to comfortably go over to the the bottom of the riser of the step that meets the landing, can I get away with doing the rest of the stairs in the narrow width? Otherwise, if I bought a 5 metre length of the 4m width roll, about half of it would go to waste! No bullnose on the steps if that matters.

Sponsored Links
Getting a professional fitter to do this but buying the carpet myself. It's a T shaped area. Landing upstairs at the top of the T is gonna have to be 4 metre width. The steps are the vertical bit of the T, much narrower (1 metre). Carpet available in both widths. If I get a piece 4m wide and leave enough overlap to comfortably go over to the the bottom of the riser of the step that meets the landing, can I get away with doing the rest of the stairs in the narrow width? Otherwise, if I bought a 5 metre length of the 4m width roll, about half of it would go to waste! No bullnose on the steps if that matters.

Get a professional in to measure up and estimate..........

waste from the landing cut outs are used for the stairs.....

a good estimator will work out a "cutting plan" that leaves hardly any waste - apart from normal trimmings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back