Table saw problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just had my first ever table saw delivered, an Evolution Rage5-S. tried cutting some wood today but after a certain length along the blade the wood becomes almost impossible to push any further. Does anyone have any idea what the cause of this could be. It's clearing the riving knife so that's not the problem.

Thanks for looking.

Sponsored Links
This can also happen if the riving knife is not exactly in line with the blade. You are using a riving knife aren't you? If it's out of line it will tend to push the wood to one side so making it harder to advance the wood as the cut progresses.

Sponsored Links
Guys, thanks very much for your replies, much appreciated. I will try and see if everything is aligned today. I took it for granted that everything would be setup at the factory.

It will cut 80mm deep @ 90 degrees.
So if you are cutting say 18mm sheet material be sure to set it to that depth.
Its one of the basic concepts of using a circular saw.
Keep the blade/wood contact to a minimum.

Last edited:
If you push the timber unevenly it can bind as it leaves the blade, you are using a straight edge timber against the guide?, even a slight deviation can cause binding.

If you push the timber unevenly it can bind as it leaves the blade, you are using a straight edge timber against the guide?, even a slight deviation can cause binding.
yes good point if the timber is very slightly bowed as the back end hits the fence it will force it against the blade more so at the front edge but also at the back edge as it will pivot on the riving knife or fence whichever is farthest away from the front edge
also if its twisted it will corkscrew into the blade as the back sits square against the fence and base

Andymor, did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue that the wood is sticking/pinching. The riving knife looks OK but I've noticed that the blade unit is wobbly at the far end. If I take hold of the hose connection point and wiggle it the whole blade unit wiggles too. On closer inspection it looks as though the mitre slider (forgive me if that's not the correct term but I am a mere mortal lol) at the far end doesn't lock down properly and is causing the blade unit to wobble. Was this the root cause of your issue?

Check the blade kerf is matching the riving knife or slightly larger.
You would think the supplied blade is correct but worth checking anyway.
I use a digital vernier guage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back