table saw rip width

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me and my boss are gonna go halfers on buying a table saw.
i have seen a very nice Makita one but it's over £500 but can't really justify spending that much.

Does anybody know any cheap (under £250) 240v table saws with a wide enough rip fence extension that can cut 8x4 sheets ?

Sponsored Links
dont go halves with anyone, if it breaks who's half broke?

trust me dont do it.

to use a table saw for cutting sheet material
you need a lot of space and lots of support fore and aft

you will also need an extention table bringing the saw table up to around 3ft by 4ft

you need a clear area of around 20 ft by around 6 to 8 foot

best tool for sheet material circular saw strait edge and clamps

ok thanks for the replys, still haven't found anything that's gonna do the job. think i'm just gonna go with a cheap portable table saw for the smaller cuts and i'll buy clamps for the bigger cuts. ta

Sponsored Links
Believe both breezer and big-all, spot on information in both cases. this will provide the same function at a fraction of the cost and much safer. I have looked hard to find a saw for sheet cutting, and unless you have the space to house an aircraft, this is the most realistic way.

Video. Look for Festool saws

Loads of workshop pictures.

Axminster do a good price on the TS55, at £369 if you find a cheaper one, I'd lie to know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back