turning a Small table saw into big table saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi as you can see i am new to this site and i have just bought my 1st table saw, nothing too spectaular but should be adequate for a bit of home DIY and a few small projects.

Its a Clarke CTS10C.

This saw has quite a small 'bed' if thats the correct term. what would be the best way of increasing this bed size so that i could use the saw to cut 8x4 sheets or rip down the side of a door for example.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo locoboy and welcome :D :D :D :D

some saws come with extentions as optional extras

have you got got a 20ft clear run cos thats what you need to pass a 8ft sheet over a table [9ft before 3ft table and 8ft after]
plus lots of support

best way to cut sheets is clamps strait edge and circular saw

if you do decide to make your own extention table it needs to be firmly affixed and either use the origional fence or make its own fence thats fully parralel to the blade

Hi,

Yes i can have a 20ft run at it as i have a large 3 car garage:cool:

just thinking about how practical it would be to make a table with a hole in it to take the saw thus giving it a bit 'bed'

the hard bit will surely be making sure the saw bed and the extension bed are all on the same level.

Any ideas?

Thanks

the hard bit will surely be making sure the saw bed and the extension bed are all on the same level.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Not if the floor is level and all legs are the same length, or build a stand for the saw with adjustable legs.

Sponsored Links
you dont want the extention covering the table
it will not only reduce the cutting depth it will stop all the tools [fence mitre guide ect] from working

the blade gaurd may also preclude this :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back