Tablet Holder Won't Open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dishwasher tablet holder on our Indesit dishwasher doesn't open during the cycle, so the dishes don't clean. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Sponsored Links
Broken wiring, faulty dispenser or faulty programmer.
Put the tablet in the cutlery basket. It disolves different parts at different temperatures so will work just as well in the basket.

helpme1 said:
The dishwasher tablet holder on our Indesit dishwasher doesn't open during the cycle, so the dishes don't clean. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
:( i have had my indesit dishwasher 3 months & my dispenser does not open & when i put it on intense wash its suppose to take 2 hours & it only takes an hour & the dishes are still dirty what can i do ?????

Get it fixed under the guarantee.

Buy a Bosch next time.

Sponsored Links
i do not know who to contact about my dishwasher while its under guarantee ? is it indesit or the store i got it from ive had enough of electical items, servis washing machine has now died on me after only having it 2 yrs

if you have lost the instructions and guarantee form, start with the shop.

They will want to see proof of purchase. If you have lost the receipt you may get by with your credit card statement.

It can be quite handy to keep a folder with instructions and guarantees in it, with receipts stapled to them, in your kitchen filing cabinet (or junk drawer).

why is it that when i remove items out of the dishwasher after they have been cleaned they are all slimey ? and the filter has got white slimey stuff on it im having to wash it after every time i use the dishwasher, and is the place you put salt into suppose to be full of water :(

1) If the detergent container is not opening they will not get washed properly. You can get round this until it is repaired by putting the tablet in the cutlery container, where it will dissolve in the hot water. If the tablet container is not opening at the correct time, stop putting tablets in it.

2) I don't know what the slime is. I expect that when you get it repaired this will stop.

3) the salt reservoir has water in it, this dissolves some of the salt each time so it the salty water can be pumped into the water softener to reactivate it ready for your next wash. The salt reservoir should also have salt granules in it. When you top it up with more salt granules, the excess water will spill out of the top. This is OK. You will have to top up the salt periodically, maybe every 20 washes or so. the instruction book will tell you.

Your best bet is to find your receipt and instructions and get it repaired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back