Tacwise FCN50LHH Nail Gun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

Looking to fit a ply sub floor for Marmoleum soon and so picked up a cheap second hand FCN50LHH. Seems OK but wanted to ask a few questions.

1) Anyone know how to maintain / oil these and what I should use?

2) Are these nails Galvanised Ring Shank?

wEDBbPR.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
1. For any air tool you'll need to strip-down and clean-out the gun from time to time. Seals on the pistons do wear. Almost all air tools (except the very few true oil-less tools) require pneumatic (air) tool oil and this is best metered using either an in-line oiler or an air oiler (often sold paired with a regulator/filter unit). The latter will contaminate the air lines downstream of them meaning that they can never be used for tasks such as spray painting due to oil contamination. Avoid the temptation to use WD40 (a solvent which will attack oil and air seals) or even light oils like sewing machine oil (which will gum-up the tools as unlike air tool oil it contains no detergent)

Note that the exhaust of the gun contains extremely fine oil droplets and that this can contaminate the flooring (where your SLC is going) unless the dosing is reduced to the absolute minimum - so don't over-oil! This is one problem you don't need to contend with when gas stapling or screwing

2. Those are ring shank nails, wire collated, and they certainly look like they've been hot dip zinc plated to my eye

Two drops of light air tool oil down the air connector, will last for the day. Wipe clean moving parts. Personally I use a little bit of silicone spray as the grit/dirt wont stick to it and gunk things up.
Look like galvanized as Job and Knock said, try a magnet on them, could be stainless?

Sponsored Links
Personally I use a little bit of silicone spray as the grit/dirt wont stick to it and gunk things up.
I find that the problem with using silicone is that any subsequent finishing (e.g. paint, SLC, etc) won't stick to it either. It is potentially the contaminant from hell!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back