Tado Extension - Glow Worm FlexiCom 30CX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

Hoping someone can help. I currently have the Nest heating system connected to my Glow Worm FlexiCom 30CX system. This is work with no issues. I am trying to move from it to the Tado and in turn install the Tado extension.

So I will try to explain the setup as best I can. Hopefully the pictures will help. I will include the setup for the nest if this helps at all.

So current setup from a wall connection I have

Neutral - Blue
Live - Brown
Green Yellow - Earth.

From Boiler I have

Neutral - Blue
Live - Brown
Green Yellow - Earth.
+ A Black Wire
+ A Grey Wire (Never used on the Nest of the previous setup)

So I have,

both Neutral wires going in to N

Live going to L and connection 2

Black going to connection 3

Additionally and this was the same on the previous setup before Nest. I have a Live going from L to 2. Its like a bridge wire.

IMG_0456.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg

Now this is the the back of the Tado Extension kit. So based on what you have seen above what do you think is the correct method? I have tried many. I can get Power to the boiler but the heating never kicks in to life.
IMG_0458.jpg

Thank you for any advise you can give.

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate, really appreciate your reply. I am sure I have tried this , and I'm sure you are right. I think I also need Tado to active this thing as well. I give your suggestion a go in the morning and get in contact for them to allow the install to continue.

Thanks mate, really appreciate your reply. I am sure I have tried this , and I'm sure you are right. I think I also need Tado to active this thing as well. I give your suggestion a go in the morning and get in contact for them to allow the install to continue.
That is the correct wiring , here is a video of how to set it up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate. That setup on the Thermostat I have defo missed. Maybe that what the problem was all along. Will give this all a go

So I have wired as per your suggestion and been through the installer menu on the thermostat and set it correct. I believe. Temp on the stat is saying 20 degrees but if I change to 25 nothing happens. The boiler still does not kick in. Anything else I can look at?

post pics of your wiring both at the receiver and at the boiler, if your boiler has an in built time clock or programmer it has to be set to constantly on

Thanks mate.

I’ve had to more the black wire from 4 to 2 just so the heating kicks in. Obviously I now can’t turn the heating off. Mrs kicking off so have to appease her for a bit.

My boiler timer is set to on. This has always been the case as had to set it like that for Nest.

420042ED-30D6-4A3F-ACC7-C48CAA0CF538.jpeg
0EFD99C2-C9F5-41A5-802B-05282814F377.jpeg

If your boiler is coming on with the wire that should be in 4 on Tado is connected to 2, then the tado receiver is not receiving a signal from the Tado thermostat to tell it to come on

Thanks mate. My thermostat is wireless and this is ok right? I mean it’s only battery powered not hard wired.

Also my extension is flashing 4 times and pause and then flashing 4 more times. Like that in repeat. From what I can see everything is connected

The Tado extension box by the boiler is flashing. The thermostat is not flashing. According to the manual the extension box should pulse. Just not sure if 4 flashings is classed a pulsing.

Will give Tado a call in the morning. Hopefully they can check that everything is setup right.

Thank you for your assistance today.

So just to complete the post. Got in contact with Tado.

Both Blue Neutrals to N
Both Brown Live to L

Black Wire to connection 4

Brown Jumper from position 1 to position 2

I had a brown live wire that was going from L to connection 2. This was not needed.

Cheers

Craig

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back