Tado Extension kit and Danfoss Rx1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
9d5206b5-9611-4c39-9978-5d124415b7f3.102208
Hi all, I am trying to replace my thermostat with a Tado system. However I can’t seem to get the Tado Extension box (replacing a Danfoss RX1) to engage the boiler. I am just simply using the already wired back plate (picture should be attached) and changing the jumper on the Extension box to switched live wiring. It’s not very clear in the picture but there are 3 wires going in to L of which one is a loop of wire between L and 2. Any help will be apreciated

Sponsored Links
Sorry the back picture didn’t work in the above post. It’s attached here.

Attachments

• 738F7A30-05C8-4782-A46A-310E80282C35.jpeg
    738F7A30-05C8-4782-A46A-310E80282C35.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 584
The following terminals at your RX1 have wires connected:

N
L
2 -Com
3- On

If so, set the Tado Extension box to the potential free setting and move the wires over including the loop as follows:

The wires in RX1 N go to Tado N

The wires RX1 L go to Tado L

The wire in RX1 2-Com goes to Tado 1-COM

The wire in RX1 3-On goes to Tado 4 - NO

EDIT
I assume that you have a combi boiler providing instantaneous hot water, and not a hot water cylinder. If you do have a hot water cylinder and want timed control of the hot water then you are installing the Tado in the wrong place, not all the wires you need are present. If you have a combi, carry on as above.

I don't know what type of thermostat is presently working in conjunction with your RX1, but if it isn't a programmable thermostat and there is a timeswitch elsewhere providing on / off time control for the heating (eg on the boiler) then that will need to be set to be permanently 'on' 24/7.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back