Tado wireless smart thermostat to Alpha eco2 plus boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again

After fitting a new wireless thermostat to a vokera went well (with a little help from you lot) I thought I’d change the controller and thermostat etc (I dropped it and it’s not been the same since) on my Alpha eco2 plus boiler to a Tado.

Bit more complicated than the last one so here I am asking for a little help.

The Alpha has an inbuilt receiver and a wireless thermostat.

The Alpha has 4 wires, blue brown and 2 red.
I believe I’m over thinking it so if someone could just tell me which new wires go where please?!

The new blue and brown go where I’m removing the old ones? These are sharing the terminals with other wires and are not the ones immediately above the power in cable.

Existing has one red wire going to terminal 1 and the other is connected to a white connector on the circuit board. Do I swop these like for like for my new grey and black wires too?

Do I remove the link between 1 and 2?
Other answers seem to say just use the 1 and 2 terminals but why would the existing one go somewhere else?
IMG_0154.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0165.jpeg

This last photo is the underside of the wiring part with the 4 wires from existing Alpha coming in from the left

Sponsored Links
you are over thinking this , just take the blue and brown from the inbuilt clock to L&N on your Tado and the two red wires from the inbuilt clock to the COM AND NO on the Tado, no need to touch anything else

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back