take feed from 2 way switching

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have now moved onto our new stairs project and one of the things i wanted and have installed are those little LED's lighting every other step.

I have installed all the lights, wiring and so on and i was simply going to take a feed from the light switch and the neutral from the downstairs rose so when the landing light is on, so are the LED's

Can this be done OR the fact that it is 2 way switching, will this mean i really need to take the feed from the rose ?

The switch idea is favourite as its only 8" from where the lights are installed. but i cant get my head around if this will work as the lights switched off from upstairs and vise versa will cock this idea up ?

If it can be done from the switch, what colour wire do i take the feed from ?

Cheers guys

Sorry if i havent explained this to well, I'm at work at moment and my boss keeps giving me the evil eye :)

Mick.

Sponsored Links
It all depends on how it is wired whether you can get a switched feed from the switch (and same thing for non-switched), open up both switches and post the wireing here

The other point, are both the lights on the same circuit (or likely to be split in the future...), you can't take live from one circuit and neutral from another

Cheers Adam,

I have decided to take the feed directly from the rose. Means chasing the wall down the landing and all the NEW plasterwork i have just done, but at least it will be done correct then.

Thanks mate..

Mick

Sponsored Links
Pensdown,

No i had'nt thought of that. To be honest, i prefare the idea of them on all the time BUT the PIR has given me a few ideas for another project a little later on :D

Cheers mate

Mick..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back