Take my TRV apart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Background:

All bar one radiators in our house have TRVs. Tested the heating was working and all radiators got hot. One weekend I wanted to dry some washing upstairs, so I turned the heating on, but closed all TRVs downstairs.

Now the main radiator in the lounge does not get hot (though the pipe to the TRV hears up a little).

Reading the FAQ, this leads me to believe that the pin may be stuck in the TRV, so I want to take it apart and have a look. However, I can not see how to take the top off the valve.

Can someone tell me how to get the top off? It is a Myson TRV, with pictures below (sorry about the quality). Or, if these symptons do not suggest a TRV problem what else could it be?

Also, if I take the top off the TRV, no water is going to come out, is it?

IMAGE_00103.jpg

IMAGE_00104.jpg

Cheers

Sponsored Links
could be a trv fault
And no, no water will come out.
Just undew the nut on the base of the head not the pipes

What, the nut circled below? I just assumed that unscrewing that one would cause a leak because it looks close to the pipe....

IMAGE_00103new.jpg

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back