taking apart a mixer tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps.

I have a leaky tap which seems to be leaking a little through the base of the tap into the space under the sink. It's a Bristan Java mixer with pop-up waste. Underneath the lever is a hemispherical chrome thing that screws into the shank of the tap but has come unscrewed, and I wondered if that might be the cause. So I took out the grub screw under the lever, imagining that the lever would then lift off but it doesn't and I can't see any other way of accessing the bits underneath to replace/tighten/seal them.

Of course in attempting to replace the grub screw I dropped it inside the tap :rolleyes:

Is it just that the tap lever is stiff, so I can give it a whack to get it off, or is there another fixing device I haven't found? Nothing useful on the web from Bristan.
Obviously getting some access to retrieve the darned screw would be nice too. Eyebrow tweezers don't quite reach.....

Ta

Alfreda

Sponsored Links
Why?
Interestingly, the leak is less severe since I fiddled with it, but the tap is not as it should be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back