Taking high spots off self-leveller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just gone over the kitchen floor with more (latex) self-leveller... I'm on one long learning curve at the moment!

Probably too bigger area for a novice perhaps - there are those that may have suggested getting someone with expertise in such matters in to do it - anyway, the situation is ... The floor is higher !

But whether it's flat enough is another matter.

I'm thinking of acquiring a floor grinder to remove the high areas. Though it seems that floor grinders are aimed at grinding concrete. What would be the result if I attack the self-leveller finish with such a tool? It's presumably softer than concrete ... or is it?

Sponsored Links
Karndean or similar.

Don't want any trowel marks or anything showing through.

Actually it's just cured sufficient to walk on and I've checked for level. It's not too bad, only a tiny area that's a bit too high. Could tackle it with a small hand-held something or other. Perhaps course sandpaper wrapped around a straight piece of timber before it goes too hard??

The rest's actually going to need a touch more (feather edge?) leveller.

I was going to say you could loose it if you were putting floor tiles down. You could use an orbital sander depending how much needs to come off.

• Thanks
Reactions: SNM
Sponsored Links
I not sure about self levellers other than make sure its level before it goes off.

For small area a Carborundum Stone is what you need. Its a floorlayers tool but not sure you would want to buy one for one job.

Thanks Daz.

Sure it's worth getting one as I can think of a few other uses for a Carborundum Stone - got some stone steps I want to 'dress' / take some imperfections out of.

I'll ask your friend at Jeden next week.

:)

They have some in there as got to get my Apprentise one for next year. And they had a few in stock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back