Taking off tiles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
i wonder if someone could advise on the best way to take off bathroom wall tiles? At the moment i am using a chisel & hammer & it's taking ages, is there a special tool i could use?

Sponsored Links
You could go & hire a small rotary hammer & used a spade on it.
Depends how many you have to remove

I dont have many to get off , it's a tiny bathroom , the length of a bath & width of bath & sink. Don't really want to be spending too much money a the moment. Is there something wider then a chisel?

You could use a shovel but it depends on what state you want your walls in when you've finished ;)

Seriously though, time and patience makes for a better quality of job. Persevere with hammer and chisel and you'll be rewarded with a relatively ok wall afterwards.

Sponsored Links
It's ok my Dad has just bought me a bolster chisel, think that's what it's called. :confused:
Thanks for the help i'll probably be popping back again, when i've got them all off. :)

An electrians one is beter its not as thick, but as you say you dont have much to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back