Taking the ****..

Sponsored Links
If true, he should not have pleaded guilty.
The offence wasn't peeing on the memorial, because he didn't do that. The offence was outraging public decency, which he was guilty of. The fact that he'd drunk 16 pints was not an excuse for peeing where he shouldn't.

you cant pi$$ on it but it’s fine to pull it down and fly tip it in the river. ffs this country.

I don't really care about him but fourteen days seems somewhat excessive compared to other sentences these days.

The offence wasn't peeing on the memorial, because he didn't do that. The offence was outraging public decency, which he was guilty of.
Was the public decency outraged by the peeing or the location?

The fact that he'd drunk 16 pints was not an excuse for peeing where he shouldn't.
It's a pretty valid reason for having to pee somewhere.

What would have been the outcome had he 'chosen' the next pillar?

Sponsored Links
The right wing thug pi ssing next to the Police memorial statue just got a 14 day sentence...

Now what he did obviously appears disrespectful, but in normal times he would have got a fixed penalty or a caution.

We are now going back to the days of 2011 where posting a riot 'joke' on facebook gets you 4 years or stealing £3.50 worth of water gets you 6 months...

'Instant justice' is now being promised again, but 'authority' is running scared and it's yet again 'Instant injustice'!

Because deterrence is the only weapon they have...

It's gonna be a 'long hot summer from now on'!
He should be booted out of the country. I heard there’s a couple of tickets going spare....

Just made an example of him haven't they? A bit excessive to have a criminal record for something quite trivial..

Wish the police would come down to where I live and book the pub goers urinating outside. They'd fill half a prison in a weekend!
The guy taking a pee handed himself in to police. The person trying to set fire to the flag hasn't.
Apparently he handed himself in after his dad had a few strong words...

Wish the police would come down to where I live and book the pub goers urinating outside. They'd fill half a prison in a weekend!
As I read that, I thought you were going to say 'they’d fill half a bucket in a weekend'. :LOL:

I don't really care about him but fourteen days seems somewhat excessive compared to other sentences these days.

Was the public decency outraged by the peeing or the location?

It's a pretty valid reason for having to pee somewhere.

What would have been the outcome had he 'chosen' the next pillar?

This is the point. there are 3 levels of this.

1 - Fixed penalty notice for taking a pee, not in the right place (typically local council bylaw)
2 - Section 5 Public Order Act 1986 - being an exhibitionist while doing it
3 - Section 5(3) Criminal Law Act 1977 - is a what he's pleaded guilty to and is way more serious.

hence he should have taken legal advice on the charge. They've thrown the book at him and he has pleaded guilty to a more serious offence, that he probably shouldn't have.

Last edited:
a prison sentence is just over the top........he shouldve been given community service -they couldve sent him around to sodthisforfun's street and got him to scrub off the wee.

a prison sentence is just over the top........he shouldve been given community service -they couldve sent him around to sodthisforfun's street and got him to scrub off the wee.
Top banana of an idea :)

no its not fine, nobody said its fine.

quite literally people have said it's fine.

the fact that no one has been prosecuted says that its fine.

the sentence may be harsh for this fellow, but he shouldn't have done it end of.

quite literally people have said it's fine.
if thats the case...its not fine.

sometimes only protests that may include acts of vandalism force through change and in some circumstances there is an argument the end justifies the means.
(Brexiteers argue that proroguing parliament was acceptable, but it was neither legal nor ethical)

However if people commit criminal acts in so doing, they must face the law and be prosecuted.
Those who pulled down the Colston statue should be prosecuted.....but pragmatically is it worth the police effort?

if thats the case...its not fine.

sometimes only protests that may include acts of vandalism force through change and in some circumstances there is an argument the end justifies the means.
(Brexiteers argue that proroguing parliament was acceptable, but it was neither legal nor ethical)

However if people commit criminal acts in so doing, they must face the law and be prosecuted.

Those who pulled down the Colston statue should be prosecuted.....but pragmatically is it worth the police effort?

this isnt right Notch, thats the 2nd post today i am in agreement with you lol

i see they need to pick and choose their battles 1 fellon is easier to deal with than a group 60 others, but the problem is the message thats sent out from this.

bit like dominic cummings, the second everyone knew that plonker broke the rules it was essentially a free for all, the phrase well it's alright for dick cummings its alright for us.

Sponsored Links
Back