Taking up ceramic floor tiles

Joined
22 Oct 2023
Messages
19
Reaction score
7
Country
United Kingdom
I need to renew my kitchen floor tiles as they have cracks. I have been using the tools in the photo to get up the tiles. It’s not too bad but there is a lot of tile adhesion left which is difficult to remove. Does anyone have any suggestions what will make this easier for me. I have a hammer drill if that helps
image.jpg
 
An SDSdrill with a tile lifting chisel is quickest, They work a treat especially if you have a variable spped drill so you can tune drill to tile..

I also use a home made one, made from a bolster (longish shaft best). I cut 2/3 through blade with my angle grinder and bent the blade over. You don't need to go far, just enough to let your knuckles clear the surface with the blade flat on it. Then weld up the groove and grind the top of the cutting edge to a single vee with a nice shallow slope. It works a treat.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top