Tall Designer Rad.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if you could help us out, just fitted one of these tall designer rads, fitted the bleed nut and stopper at the top and plumbed in the bottom as usual, opened the valves, bled the air, but after 15 to 20 mins it was still cold at the top, and just warm around quarter of the way up, after this I remember there was a red sticker on one end, now does this mean the rad has to be fitted a certain way up ? it looks identical at both ends ??

Cheers

Gaz.

Sponsored Links
It was just a red round circle, no writing, and no mention of it in the destructions.

Gaz.

The red sticker is probably nothing more than part of a quality control colour code.

Do you have a picture of the rad?

Sponsored Links
you say you bled the air, did water flow from the air vent? or did the air just stop coming out?

Yep, water did eventually come out, but if you close the valve, and then reopen a minute later, a little more air comes out, not much though, did this about four to five times.

Gaz.

Wonder if you could help us out, just fitted one of these tall designer rads, fitted the bleed nut and stopper at the top and plumbed in the bottom as usual, opened the valves, bled the air, but after 15 to 20 mins it was still cold at the top, and just warm around quarter of the way up, after this I remember there was a red sticker on one end, now does this mean the rad has to be fitted a certain way up ? it looks identical at both ends ??

Cheers

Gaz.

Are all your other rads heating up ok?
You can try shutting off the rads that are heating and this will most likely get your designer rad heating, then open the other rads once the new one gets hot.

There seems to be a growing phenomenon of people doing the equivalent of 'betting' on the solution to a plumbing problem, manifested in the use of words like "probably", "possibly", and "most likely".

Reliable problem diagnosis doesn't involve gambling or wagering or any kind. It's achieved by collecting information and analysing it.

There seems to be a growing phenomenon of people doing the equivalent of 'betting' on the solution to a plumbing problem, manifested in the use of words like "probably", "possibly", and "most likely".

Reliable problem diagnosis doesn't involve gambling or wagering or any kind. It's achieved by collecting information and analysing it.

So what's your point?

Did you diagnose the problem? No? Oh, you told him what a red sticker might be for though. :rolleyes:

So what's your point?
That reliable problem diagnosis doesn't involve gambling or wagering of any kind. It's achieved by collecting information and analysing it.

Did you diagnose the problem? No?
Not yet. But he hasn't yet answered all the questions.

Did you diagnose the problem? No.

Did you guess at the cause? Yes.

Softus - Who's wagering and betting?

So, once he's answered all of your questions, you will have solved his problem, even though he may have missed out some important bit of info for you to come to your conclusion...dont think so.

If someone asks for a diagnosis on a forum then some of it has to be guesswork, my advice was educated guesswork that will cost the OP nothing and take very little time so, happy days, and the only person who seems to have an issue with that is you..... but then again, you did tell him what the red sticker is PROBABLY for, well done, you didn't guess at that one did you? Shame on you!

Anyway, the problem will be as I said so.............

So, once he's answered all of your questions, you will have solved his problem
I don't know. I'm as good at predicting the future as you are at betting.

If someone asks for a diagnosis on a forum then some of it has to be guesswork
I beg to differ.

It's an open vented system, will shut off all the other rads tonight and see what that does.

Gaz.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back