tank giving me pressure on hot and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been advised to ger rid of my hot and cold tanks as only nm cold is mains and has pressure. I also could do with the extra space.

The hot has no pressure really at the moment. So this tank will give me pressurised hot and cold enabling me to have a mixer shower with loads of pressure. How much do these tanks cost and are they good. Novice in plumbing but have been given a vague quote. I need to know what I am paying for.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I assume you are refering to an unvented hot water cylinder. All this means is there will be no need for a cold water storage cistern...you still require a hot water cylinder of course but it operates under mains pressure.

The existing water pressure and flow rates need to be checked before contemplating the changeover. The cylinders are around £600 - plus fitting by someone qualified for unvented cylinders. They are perfectly safe if installed correctly despite certain posters predicting the worst.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back